Monday, February 23, 2015

Summer Home-School...

With the hopes of keeping Sophie up to speed with her learning from preschool and preparing Charlie for her first schooling experience, I decided to construct somewhat of a summer-school day-to-day schedule.  Nothing to dramatic.  And so far, week one was a total success!

Monday Math...jelly bean graphs...

Craft/Science...Fairy Garden creation...
Crafts...making mini caterpillar clothes-pins...
Charlie using glue for the first time...

Science at the Dinosaur Museum...

And to keep things documented, I'll fill you in on our school registration process. So...the new public school in our neighborhood is finally completed.  Its enormous.  So, I take Sophie to Kindergarten Registration Day with me so she could get a feel for what this new GINORMOUS building is going to be like.  She, needless to say, was completely overwhelmed and stayed pretty glued to me as I was going through the process.  Towards the end of my registration route she warmed up and sat down with a few other kids to watch a movie while I finished up.  Some relief.

Now fast-forward a few weeks.  Sophie starts to question every aspect of her new school and Kindergarten.  Meanwhile me...being none other than myself...start to become incredibly anxious about this new school too.  Not to mention, Charlie starting CrossPoint [Sophie's old preschool] in only a matter of weeks still doesn't even have a teacher lined up.  Solution?  Tour a new school.

Our decision was made easy.  After touring Simonton Christian Academy its safe to conclude our girls [yup, Charlie too!!] will be in good hands.  We are thrilled to start this new chapter in our lives and hope this school will be everything and more for our beautiful little girls.

Next up...meet the teacher!!

No comments: