Friday, March 20, 2015

Blue Bell Factory...

Dare I say it?  Yes!!  The actual BLUE BELL ICE CREAM FACTORY.  Yummo.


We took the short drive to Breham this week to visit the factory.  Our friends met us their to enjoy the tour.  No pictures could be taken inside so I can't share the girls excitement.  The factory is only open during business hours so we tourists could see the magic [real time] happen.  I have to say, watching the popsicle stick machine put those wooden sticks into the molds was quite hypnotic.  I think I could have watched this process for hours.


So many interesting facts about this place.  Opening back in 1907!!  They actually delivered ice cream by horse and wagon.  And the name was create after the native Texas bluebell wildflower.  That was news to me.  What's the most popular ice cream flavor you ask??  Simple...Vanilla.


When the tour ends you get to, of course, eat ICE CREAM!!  We, however, did not choose vanilla.  Sophie went with the Rainbow Sherbet.  Charlie with Mint Chocolate Chip and me...the #3, Cookies n' Cream.  Seriously...can't go wrong with these but if you make a visit, good luck deciding which flavor to munch.




Love!

No comments: