Friday, January 9, 2009

Hanging Low...

Well, it's been awhile since our last post. Hope your holidays were as wonderful as ours. I don't think Sophie slept all day Christmas kicking and moving around to the sound of everyone talking. Hey, can you blame her?...SANTA was here!! I must brag alittle here as Mike and I received one of the most amazing Christmas present from my EVERY-SO-TALENTED Dad and Julie. Here is a picture of Sophie's handmade bassinet [the top comes off and is used as an activity gym, I haven't gotten any toys to put on it yet though]...



Mike and I are now seeing the doctor every week to check progress. Today marks 36 weeks and several days and Sophie is hanging low. Dr. Lawrence tells us I am dilated right at a 1. WOO-HOO...okay, maybe that doesn't sound like much but we were still excited. Sophie is still in proper placement for delivery and our Doc "predicts" things will happen on January 27th, considering my progress so far. Can we say "Nesting phase in FULL throttle now?". My belly has grown another quarter inch so I'm right at 35 3/4 inches round and weigh in at 132lbs. According to my BabyCenter updates Sophie should weigh almost 6lbs, so she's definitely packing on the fat!

Many thanks to all our Lubbock family and friends for the wonderful gifts we received at our shower last weekend, January 3rd. We received so much it took two cars to get it all home! Thanks to everyone who could make it, I very much enjoyed the special day, great company and amazing food!

My sister, Jen, is pretty talented herself...here's a picture I had to show everyone. She made these storage boxes for our little one, aren't they great?!?!



And Mom...I'm so proud...Mike put the jogging stroller together and only cursed ONCE! Just kidding Honey! Any who - Owen seems to like it too...



Happy Friday!!! Have a great weekend!!!

No comments: